Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine's Day is near!

Because I love Valentine's Day so much, I like to set up Valentine centers at the beginning of February. I have a housekeeping center in my room and I like to change it up every so often, so that the kids don't get bored. For the next few weeks, it is going to be a post office. The kids can write "letters" to each other and "mail" them out. Here is what it looks like:



In this center, they are sorting envelopes, writing letters to other class mates and acting out what would happen at a post office. 

I have also created some other activities for centers. Here are a few of them. The kids really enjoy these center games and I will probably keep them up from now until after Valentine's Day. 



We are also learning about dental health this week. The kids are each very eager to tell me about how many teeth they have lost and about their experiences at the dentist. Here is a chart that we made today as a class:
We discussed how some food are great to eat all of the time, and others should only be eaten sometimes, so that we can prevent cavities. Now the kids are working on making a model of teeth and they each get their own tooth brush to take home. I have shown them with my large model how to properly brush teeth and they use the toothbrush that they get to practice with this on their model.  
Tomorrow, we will practice flossing using this fantastic activity I found on pinterest!

(More on pinterest later)

Go check out some of my Valentine's activities at my teacher store located here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teeth are the most Important part of our body and Health. People Do not have the sufficiant knowledge on teeth as no such kind a post or blog is present to guide them about the daily Problems of dental health. I found your blog really helpful. The knowledge your share shows your hard work in research on zahnarzt berlin. i have bookmarked your page so that i can get the lastest post. thumbs up.

Post a Comment