Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Patches... I LOVE FALL!

This week, my husband and I took our baby to the pumpkin patch in our town to take some pictures. He was so intrigued by all of the pumpkins and he especially liked the small ones that he could pick up and play with. :) 



This inspired me to do all sorts of fun activities in my classroom because we are learning about pumpkins. We are going to weigh pumpkins, measure them, even see if they float. 

We also make these really fun bracelets with beads and the kids go home and tell their parents, or anyone at home, the stages of the pumpkin's growth by looking at the beads. 

White: Seeds
Dark Green: Vine
Yellow: Flower
Light Green: Small Pumpkin
Orange: Large Pumpkin
Orange with Face: Jack-o-lantern

Here are some other things I do during pumpkin week.



Check out my teacher's store!

0 comments:

Post a Comment