Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fire Safety Week

This week, we will be learning about fire safety and fire prevention.  I love this unit! On Friday, fire fighters will be coming to show the kids how the fire truck works and to show them how to put on their fire suits. 

I made some sight word reading cards for this week that the kids love! The red words are the sight words we have gone over so far, and they should be able to read these. Then I teach them that they can use the clues in the illustrations to figure out the rest of the sentence. 


I have also posted some more things to my TpT store that I have used in the past and plan on using this week in my classroom.

This sound box activity is really great to get them to start listening to the sounds in the words in preparation for writing. I give each child their own sound box and manipulatives so that they can participate with me as the powerpoint goes.



Check out these and the other new fall activities I've posted at my TpT store:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Proffitt

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I've got an idea here. Thanks for sharing this information. It will really help.

Las Vegas Fire Extinguisher Sales

Post a Comment