Saturday, October 8, 2011

Eek!

This week in preparation for Halloween, we will be learning about spiders. I use the terms arachnid and exoskeleton a lot throughout the week, and the parents are super impressed when the kids go home and use these vocabulary words. 

When we do a great science unit like this, I like to use many kinds of graphic organizers.

I also make a spider word wall in front of them by writing important words and drawing pictures to go with them on chart paper. We keep this up in the room all week, so that the kids can write about spiders in their journals. I put out lined paper for the writing center of 3 different ability levels and the kids can choose which one best suits them. 
Check out my Eek! Spiders! packet at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:






0 comments:

Post a Comment